In fact, statistics found on AlertFind.com show that in 2017, there were 29 active shooter events in the United States. Additionally, active shooter events most commonly occur in 45% of businesses, 25% of schools, and 10% of government facilities.
Unfortunately, an active shooter incident typically ends in one of four ways
- The shooter commits suicide
- The shooter and law enforcement exchanged gunfire
- Unarmed citizens successfully restrained the shooter
- Armed citizens exchanged gunfire
This is why it is critical that you learn how to protect yourself in the event an active shooter enters your business.
In this course, Active Shooter ALERT: Staying Safe in the Workplace
, we will:
- Review the statistics on Private and Government Sector shootings.
- Define the term, Workplace Violence.
- Analyze the WHY behind workplace shootings.
- Understand the after effects of workplace shootings on an individual.
- Summarize tips for staying safe (i.e. preparedness training with mock scenarios and secret signals).
You will easily stay engaged throughout the course with activities, videos, scenarios, downloadable worksheets and more!
It should take approximately 45 minutes to complete this module, including a 20-question assessment at the end, which you will need to pass with a score of 75% or higher, to receive your completion certificate.
This comprehensive and valuable package includes a 10-minute micro-module that allows you to practice surviving an active shooter scenario. In this module, you will review and practice the three survival techniques of Run – Hide – Fight.
Click below to register.